President & Founder,
Mr. Grant founded Healthcare Management & Automation Systems, Inc. (HCMA) in 1989 to help healthcare practices improve the efficiency of their operations, improve their billing & collection processes, and to take advantage of the latest innovations in information technology.
From 1996 – 2001, the Reimbursement Management division of HCMA assisted large hospitals, which had acquired a large number of private physician groups. HCMA assisted them by collecting millions of dollars worth of aged insurance receivables that typically accumulated during the transition period from private practice to hospital-owned entity. This division grew to employ nearly 20 insurance reimbursement specialists. This operation was sold in 2001.
Mr. Grant is a practice management consultant, specializing in operational efficiency evaluation and improvement, billing, coding & collection evaluation and improvement, compliance audits, and other management issues. He has worked with 100’s of practices since 1989.
Mr. Grant has been a frequent speaker on the subjects of Practice Management, EHR Implementation, Office Automation and EDI. The following are a few of the organizations to whom Mr. Grant has spoken:
- Southeastern Congress of Optometry (SECO)
- Hawaiian Eye Meeting
- Tennessee Academy of Ophthalmology,
- Georgia Society of Ophthalmology,
- Florida Society of Ophthalmic Administrators,
- Georgia Optometric Association,
- Georgia Academy of Family Physicians,
- Tennessee Ophthalmic Personnel Society,
- Georgia State Society of Medical Assistants,
- Oklahoma College of Optometry, and
- Nova Southeastern University - College of Optometry.
Mr. Grant has been published in Ophthalmology Times, Ophthalmology Management, and Eyecare Business.
Mr. Grant received a bachelor’s degree in Business & Organizational Communication from the University of Georgia.